Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back at It: A Sneak Peak into Carla & Rich's Wedding Weekend

Reid and I bought wood and painted the direction signs by hand.

After taking a little bit longer than expected break from the blog, I am back at it today. As I mentioned, I needed to take some time to dive head first into freelancing full-time. The past couple of weeks have been a complete whirlwind, but I am absolutely loving every minute of it. Even after the short period of time, I know I made the right decision.

Last week, was filled with last minute design details for Carla and Rich's wedding. I have previously shown their Save the Dates and Invitation Suite, but I also did all the paper for both the Welcome Dinner and the Wedding Ceremony and Reception. On Sunday evening, after torrential downpour all weekend, the skies finally cleared to allow for an absolutely stunning wedding on the lake.

Carla will always go down in history as my first "official" client. She came to me right after my wedding to see if I would design hers. It was a HUGE undertaking (I actually think I designed more for her big day than I did for my own), but it was totally worth it. It also showed me all the different things I can design for future brides. Being a wedding stationery designer is so rewarding! I was able to work with Carla through every step and, hopefully, I made her day exactly what she expected. Carla was a blast to work with and I am so happy for Rich and her.

I will be posted a lot more about their wedding in the near future (I want to get professional photos also), but I wanted to give you a sneak peak into the weekend...


Above is the invitation for Carla & Rich's Welcome Dinner. I made a custom pattern based off of a fabric Carla had sent me. She wanted the party to have an subtle American theme since it was Memorial Day weekend. In the end, the softball game had to be canceled due to weather, but it was still a fun event with delicious BBQ and great people. I designed the water bottle labels below as well!




I designed all the signs for the wedding also. The above sign is for her favors. More pictures are coming soon and I am so excited to share them with you!

1 comment:

jill said...

Lindsay - this is wonderful!