Monday, November 22, 2010

New Design: Carla & Rich's Save the Date


A few months ago my good friend, Carla, asked me to design her wedding stationary. I was thrilled that she thought of me and could not wait to get started.

Today we sent her Save the Date postcards to print (above is the final design), and I wanted to share the process and end result.

Carla came to me with a beautiful color palette (deep purple and butter yellow), a wonderful outdoor venue for the wedding and a huge stack of incredible engagement photos taken by J Wiley Photography. All of those great things combined with a bride that was willing to explore design options, leads to the kind of design process you dream about. From the beginning, I wanted to keep things fun and fresh with a tiny hint of classic. And most importantly, I wanted to capture the playful and loving dynamic that makes Carla and Rich such a great couple. I just hope Carla is as excited about the end result as I am!

Below are earlier versions where we explored multiple fonts, layouts and photographs so you can visualize the entire process:



3 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE!

AS said...

These are gorgeous! Nice work.

Carlotta said...

Carla is more excited. :)