Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A New Chapter



Yesterday was officially my last day of teaching (at least for the foreseeable future). I resigned a few months ago to focus on my steadily grown freelance design, illustration and stationery company Chena Design. And so today, I began the new chapter in my life as a full-time designer.

I woke up this morning with very mixed emotions. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about my transition into full-time freelance. The past couple of months have been a whirlwind trying to balance teaching and design. But I am also going to miss the classroom, my fellow instructors and, mostly, my wonderful students. Over the past two and a half years I have been so inspired by the creativity and passion of my students. I cannot wait to see what each of them does in the future. Above are a couple of pictures from one of my favorite teaching memories, our field trip last summer to Hamilton Wood Type Museum in Wisconsin.

I may take a small break (no more than a week) from the blog to fully transition into my new lifestyle.  I cannot believe I am actually freelancing full-time!!! It has been a dream for quite some time. Stay tuned for lots of new and exciting things.

No comments: