Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a WAY overdue post: Ashley and Garret's Bright Wedding Suite

After a "way to long" hiatus from blogging, I'm back! I promise. I don't have a good or valid excuse for my slacking other than this summer was BUSY, BUSY, BUSY with both work and some personal stuff (which I will get into in another post). I have been working non-stop for the last two months, and am very excited to share new work with you in the next few weeks.

Ashley and Garret's bright wedding suite is a perfect way to bring summer to a close and jump back into posting regularly.

I had such a wonderful time working with Ashley throughout her wedding design process. She came to me after a not-so-great experience with her Save the Dates (which always makes me so sad). Ashley envisioned a classic letterpress invitation with a LOT of bright colors. She is head-over-heels in love with yellow (a girl after my own heart), and wanted to incorporate as much bright, sunny, summer yellow as possible with out loosing readability. We decided to combine the yellow with a stunning (and also bright) periwinkle blue.

For Ashley and Garret's monogram, we created a classic meets modern lock. It is so original to the couple and matches their fun personality.

Everything is letterpressed on cotton paper with yellow envelopes with a custom label to give a last pop of color and design. In my opinion, getting this invitation in the mail would just lighten up my summer day!  Hope you enjoy and I am so glad to be back!

Close up of the monogram

Two Color Letterpress Invitation





Entire Suite Including the Invitation, Response Card, Accommodation Card and Thank You Stationery


Everything wrapped in a Yellow Belly Band

No comments: