Monday, February 13, 2012

QR Code Invitations? I'm just not sure...

via NYT

Did anyone catch the New York Times article about using QR codes on your wedding response cards? It was an absolutely fascinating article on how to blend the staunch tradition of wedding stationery with modern technology. I like the idea and concept, but am just not sure how I feel about it aesthetically. I guess I am old fashioned when it comes to stationery. On the other hand, I want to be "up on the times" so maybe it is a good thing to think about. But, QR codes are just such a bulky design element. But, Crane's, the stationery god, is going to offer them soon. Can you tell I am completely torn.

Maybe I will have a couple ask to use one in the near future. It would be a fun design challenge.

How do you feel about this topic?

Below are other stationery pieces (a valentines card and business card) that use the QR code. The business card is STUNNING! I could get behind this idea. Just think about how easy you could direct someone to your portfolio or website. Hmmm - now my wheels are churning (but I am still not sold on wedding stationery with the code).

via

via

No comments: