Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Loving Gray and Yellow

via

I absolutely adore the color yellow. I grew up with a bright yellow bedroom, and, for as long as I can remember, all my birthday and Christmas presents were yellow. I guess I made my love for the color very clear and therefor people only bought me yellow trinkets and treasures. Simply put yellow makes me happy.

As Reid and I plan our fast-approaching move into our first home, decorating continuously comes up in conversation. I do most of the talking during these conversations, and Reid thoughtfully listens and comments as needed on subjects such as affordable furniture, curtains and rugs. I have been dying to have a yellow room ever since we first spotted our now "under contract" house. It has a ton of natural light and yellow just seemed to fit the personality of the turn of the century abode. After very little convincing, Reid agreed to a yellow and gray living room. I am so EXCITED!!! The images of today's post are providing a lot of sunny inspiration.

BTW, since we are on the subject of yellow, did you know that yellow is the least popular favorite color? Sad, huh? These are the little facts that you discover when you teach Color Theory.

unkown source

via

via 

via 

via

No comments: