Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inspiration Overload: Linzie Hunter


I always love stumbling upon a new designer's website especially when I have seen their creations out in the real world. Today, as I was researching letterforms for a new custom monogram, I stumbled upon Linzie Hunter's website. Linzie has an awe-inspiring knack for hand lettering. Her illustrated letters remind me of my teenage doodles. Maybe it is her use of bold colors, or the excessive, feminine decoration? Even if I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, I know I like love it!

The illustrations seen below are from her Christmas Card collection and her sketchbooks (also on her website). The creative process of other designers fascinates me, and I appreciate that Linzie gives us a brief glimpse into hers. Inspiration like this is exactly what I needed today.



No comments: