Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Cousin Amy's Wedding Design


My first goal for 2011 is to finish my new personal identity logo, and to finally, after much delay, build a new and improved portfolio website to showcase my work and availability. As of today, my logo and business cards are almost complete (stay tuned to see the finished product), and I have started pulling work to photograph for the website, which brings me to today's post...

Almost two years ago my cousin, Amy, asked me to help with some of the design for her wedding. Of course I was thrilled to help, both because Amy is a close cousin and friend in Chicago and wedding design is an area my job that I absolutely adore. She was getting married in Atlanta and wanted her wedding to capture sophisticated southern charm. We kept the design classic, adding texture with sophisticated patterns and focused on Amy's favorite color, Tiffany blue. The design details were a nice touch for a beautiful wedding.


The favor cards were placed at each table, and helped carry the design through the reception (which took place at the gorgeous Kimball Hall in historic Roswell).



My grandmother and aunt's hosted Amy's bridal luncheon at the Swan Coach House. We wanted to invitations to allude to the ceremony design, and play off of the extremely southern and charming Swan Coach House.


The wedding programs were a nice and simple touch for all the guests as the walked into the ceremony. To give the programs a formal and textural feel, we used high quality pale blue paper in a linen texture, satin ribbon and a vellum overlay. This was our DIY for the wedding, but the hours of putting these together paid off in the end. (Thanks to Brenda Upton for the wonderful shot.)

No comments: