Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010 & Hello 2011


an engagement photo by Olivia Leigh Photographie

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2010 was an overall great year both personally and professionally. January 1st always leads to reflection over the previous year. I am so thankful for all that happened this year. Topping the list of wonderful things in 2010 is the fact that on June 19 I married my best friend and "now" fantastic husband, Reid. It was truly the most special day of my life so far, and I will cherish the memories forever. I am a very lucky girl to have such a loving, caring and funny man in my life. Our first 6 months of marriage have been a blissful learning experience.


wedding photo from Lindsey McIntyre Photography

As for 2011, I am very excited to see what happens in the upcoming year. I feel like I am finally realizing the creative direction I want to take in life, so stay tuned for exciting changes over the next year.

Reid and I had a great discussion about our resolutions for the New Year yesterday. I want to share the few I came up with, partially so I have them written down and posted to the whole world. Hopefully, this action will hold me more accountable for them.

  • Focus: I want to stay focused on my professional goals for the year. I have a tendency to get sidetracked from all the things I dream up, but know that in order to achieve my newest goals I must stay committed.
  • Keep Perspective: I worry way too much about the silliest things. This year I am going to try and relax and not let the little things stress me out.
  • Be Domestic: I want to start cooking and tidying up more so our little apartment feels more homey. Right now, Reid cooks all the time and I take it for granted. And, I often let work get in the way of me doing little domestic things, but I am going to attempt to take breaks to accomplish this.
I really look forward to the next 365 days and to fulfilling each of these resolutions. Most importantly though, I hope that 2011 brings another healthy, happy and prosperous year for all my loved ones (including my blog readers).

Happy New Year!

No comments: