Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays: The First Bolton Christmas Card



It is probably evident through many of my posts the past couple of weeks, but I absolutely love this time of year. Is it the giant kid inside of me or that I was raised by a holiday crazy family? I am not sure how to explain it, but I find this time of year absolutely magical.

Needless to say with the above description, I have been anticipating the design of Reid and my first holiday card for quite some time. A few months ago, I decided that our first annual card needed to be something unique and playful, just like us. After a lot of thought, research, and illustration we ended up with the above card. Throughout the process I was incredibly inspired by vintage children's book illustration (mostly French) from the 50's and 60's. This inspiration helped me keep the design simple in both shape and color. The finished card is printed on Neenah Classic Crest 80# cover in Natural White which continued to play up the vintage vibe, and mailed in a cranberry red envelope.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results, and have been dying to share this little bit of holiday cheer with you. Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Kate said...

LOVE it. you're so talented!