Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful!


Happy Thanksgiving a day late! Hope those of you who ventured into the land of Black Friday shopping got some great deals.

Reid and I had a successful and delicious first Thanksgiving by ourselves in Chicago, but we missed being close to our family. We woke up and watched the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade, which runs outside our window, and then started cooking. After about 5 hours in the kitchen we sat down to eat. Our tiny turkey was much better than expected, my great grandmother's dressing was delicious and the bourbon cranberry sauce was just tart enough.

Now, the holiday season is in full swing, and I am delighted to say the least.

It is during this time of year that I realize how truly lucky I am to have such wonderful family and friends. We are truly blessed, and I hope I can use my gifts to help those in need.

I wanted to take a moment to also thank each of you for reading my blog and giving me the inspiration to keep it going! Your emails and comments make my day and make this blog what it is. THANKS!

(I made the above picture to show how thankful I am for my blog readers. It is made from handmade paper that I found last week embroidered onto craft paper with thread. The long weekend made me crafty.)

No comments: