Monday, November 29, 2010

Sandmeyer's Bookstore: An Absolute MUST!!!

(photo by Brent)

How have I not walked inside before??? Sandmeyer's Bookstore is an amazing independently owned shop in the heart of Printers Row, Chicago. The books inside are from the best and most recent literary and publishing design crop. They have illustrated children's books that are hard to find, design books that just came out, and much much more. It is less than a five minute walk from my house. I love everything about books. So the question remains, how I have I not walked inside before???

Well, at least I finally pushed through the doors on Saturday evening. I walked in to buy a new book with my American Express Small Business Saturday promotion in mind, and I came out a much happier individual with two new books and a new favorite store.

While inside I picked up the Little Book of Letterpress which is basically a directory of the newest and best letterpress printers, and Sloane Crosley's book, I Was Told There'd be Cake, which I have been dying to read since I started stalking her articles in the New York Times. Let's just say that I am already half way through ...Cake. It is fantastic and I find myself relating to almost all her essays.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to read!! Love the cover and the title!