Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tiffiny & Parris' Fun and Shimmery Invitation Suite

The belly band added so much "flare" to the suite!
So, I am keeping my promise of posting more frequently. (I just hope a few people are still reading these little posts every now and then)

I am thrilled to finally show you Tiffiny and Parris' fun and shimmery, spring wedding suite.

Tiffiny came to me with a very clear vision of the overall aesthetic and feel she wanted her wedding day to portray: formal but not stuffy. She knew her exact colors, the flowers she wanted and had a good idea of how the venue would look on her BIG night. The only thing she hadn't nailed down in her head (and on her pinterest boards) was the look of her invitations. She did know, however, that she wanted her suite to be shimmery, and that she wanted to print with letterpress. I knew from the second we met that this would be a good design match. I was so motivated by all of her ideas and inspirations, and jumped right into the design. I even had a new metallic paper that could handle letterpress and I was dying to use it.

I started the design process with a custom three letter monogram that she not only used on her invitation suite, but also throughout her day-of paper. We printed her elegant but fun suite on Reich's Odeon shimmer paper with deep purple and charcoal letterpress. I am not exaggerating when I say that "this paper prints beautifully!" It was the first time I had printed on it, and the results where like the perfect dream. At the last minute we added the shimmery orange belly band. Tiffiny wanted all three of her colors in the invitation package and with the belly band we made it happen. It also adds a fun and colorful element of surprise when the guests open the envelope.

I hope you enjoy and I can't wait to show you the another new project next week...

Custom 3 Letter Monogram
The Odeon paper is simply breathtaking...
The full suite. The invitation is 2 Color letterpress while the other pieces are 1 color each. 

No comments: