Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Design: Emily and Adams Auburn Wedding



I'm back to blogging, I promise...

I have so much to share with all of you and apologize for the delay.

I am so excited about the post today because 1) I get to share another fun custom monogrammed wedding suite, and 2) I am thrilled to show the first couple of photographs from my professional photo shoot with Emily Cummings of Ten Little Bluebirds.

So, let's start with the design:
I was over the moon when Emily (a fellow Auburn lover and current vet student) asked me to design her wedding invitations. Emily was such a joy to work with, and she married one of my very dear friends big brother. What a great couple!

For her invitations, she wanted a beautiful and classic look with a custom monogram as the main decorative element. The four letter monogram took some finessing (and lots of sketching) to figure out how the letters would properly embrace each other allowing the VS of the last name to stand out without overwhelming. In my opinion we ended up with a stunning custom design. I hope Emily and Adam will continue to use their monogram forever and always remember their special day. The entire suite was printed offset in authentic Auburn Blue (WAR EAGLE!). It consisted of the invitation, a double sided rsvp postcard and a folded thank you card.

And, how great are the photographs? I so excited to have professional photos of my work. Emily's eye, photographic style and sense of lighting is exactly what I was looking for. The photographs we took together really help bring my stationery to life. I cannot wait to share more of our first shoot together, and am looking forward to our next shoot together.

No comments: