Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ribbons & Bows

Ribbons and bows are back! Honestly, I don't know if they ever really left. But recently I have seen so many sophisticated and pretty ways to use ribbon in fashion, interior design and event planning. Not to mention, quite a few of my wedding clients are asking to add ribbon accents to their big day, which means...

I have ribbon on the brain! Over the past couple of weeks, I have been collecting a lot of visual research about fun, festive and unique ways to use this "ordinary" material. Below are some of my favs. I can't wait to try some of them out.


I know I couldn't pull off his whole outfit, but I love the loose ribbon. I may have to try this simple, schoolgirl look.


 I am not sure if it is the ceramic horse head or the ribbon that makes me swoon over this Anthropologie necklace. LOVE!


This cake is a bit over the top and feminine for my normal taste, but I am really digging it today. It is so simple and pretty. Perfect for a bridal shower or luncheon.


Martha does it again. I adore this center piece and am determined to find a way to use it in my house someday. The ribbon is the icing on the cake.


Easy to make and pretty to look at. Might have to try this one too.

No comments: