Friday, August 12, 2011

Probably the Best Birth Announcement Ever!


I am always completely enthralled by information graphics. I think they are stunningly beautiful and quite difficult to do well. Needless to say, when I found this birth announcement I was instantly hooked. As I began to research the poster, I continued to fall in love. Turns out it was created by a fellow Auburn design graduate, Aaron Gresham. Can I get a War Eagle? 

All of Aaron's work is stunning, but the birth announcement for his son is the cherry on top. He documented his sons schedule over 6 months before creating the information graphic. It is witty, creative and unique. The beautiful color palette, streamlined data, chaotic but organized hierarchy and controlled typography are such an inspiration. I'm kinda drooling over here. I wish all design work was this awesome!

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: