Monday, March 14, 2011

Inspiration Overload: A Natural Wedding

Farmers Market Wedding - simply stunning!!!
Hands-down, one of the best things about my job as a stationery designer is my clients! It is so important to me to develop a relationship with each one of them so they get exactly what they envision. I want them to be an integral part of the design process.

When I get a new client, we normally start by discussing  in detail (over coffee or dessert) their dreams, desires and inspirations about their special day, whether it is a wedding, the birth of a baby, or a simple celebration. We look at pictures, talk about favorite things, establish likes and dislikes, etc. It is truly fun and instantly helps me gain inspiration.

I recently met Jill, who is getting married this summer at a California vineyard (jealous!). She let me know before we even met that her ideas where all over the place, and she really wanted to narrow down her vision. After meeting with her on a brisk afternoon and discussing all her likes and dislikes over hot tea, we finally narrowed down what was important to her (and her fiance) for their wedding.

The main words she kept saying: Natural, Farmers Market, Fun, Rustic, Whimsical...

This sounded like a perfect wedding that was right up my alley. I ran home (ok, walked and then took the train, but you get the point) and starting looking at images for an inspiration board for Jill. I compiled the images on a pinterest board (you can see the whole board here). Below are some of my favorites so far.

image via



Oh, Martha, you have done it again!
So pretty and delicate!

Handwritten and Beautiful
I can't wait to show you the entire wedding suite once we are complete!!!

No comments: