Friday, February 25, 2011

Found Monogram: The Chicago Fire Department


Yesterday, while eating breakfast at Eleven City Diner in Chicago's South Loop, I snapped a photo of this beautiful monogram that was above our table. I wanted to add it to my collection of found monograms and inspirational letterforms (I see a themed weekly post coming out of this collection).

Later, after doing a little research I found out that this monogram is the original logo for the Chicago Fire Department. It is a beautiful monogram. The three letters flow in and out of each other in a seamless way that I envy. Plus, I really love the organic touch at the end of each terminal.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know which typeface that is?

Lindsay Chenault Bolton said...

I am pretty sure it is custom lettering...