Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Current Obsession: The Perfect Ottoman Tray

image via

In our living room we have a big and beautiful ottoman that also functions as our coffee table. Only problem: we don't have anywhere that is large and sturdy to set glasses, plates, books, candles, flowers, etc. So, for a few months I have been obsessed with finding a perfect tray that is beautiful, affordable and just-the-right-size to place on our current "foot rest." Turns out I am picky about design and pretty frugal on the cost which equals... hard to find. Anyone have any good suggestions of where to look?

For now I continue to the search and continue to be immensely inspired by some of the things that are out there...

I love the modern and monogrammed twist on these from iomoi. Simply awesome!


The image above, from the brand new High Gloss Magazine, mixes beautiful bold colors with a cozy and lived-in vibe. Now, if I only knew where that tray on the coffee table came from...


Thanks again to my wonderful sister-in-law, I have found a new obsession in Lonny Magazine. That ottoman tray is this picture is perfect: simple and sophisticated.

And, thanks to Lonny, I have found the designer Hillary Thomas who uses color and butler trays brilliantly. Maybe I should do two smaller trays? Can't wait to see more of her stuff!

No comments: