Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Weekend!



Five more minutes until 5 o'clock...

Happy Friday everyone! This week has been very busy – in the very good kind of way. I got a lot of work done, have some new potential clients lined up that I am very excited about, and started a new term of school teaching my favorite topic, typography. I am still fully engaged in the "it's going to be a great year" mentality.

This weekend my brother-in-law is coming into town for a med school interview. We have some fun things lined up, but are most excited about spending some good quality time.

Before the weekend clock tolls, I wanted to share the above image from artist, Dalton Ghetti. Ghetti carves teeny-tiny sculptures out of the graphite on top of pencils. If you can believe it, that is the full alphabet on top of the pencils. AMAZING! I have admired his work, especially the piece above, for some time. I thought it would be a perfect image to start the weekend because it describes my week in a very artistic and slightly abstract nutshell (hard work, #2 school pencils and the alphabet). Hope you enjoy!

No comments: