Monday, January 24, 2011

Crafty Seattle Finds...

I'm back and apologize for the delay in posts lately. Reid and I went to Seattle for a long weekend getaway, and I am just getting back into the swing of daily life again. I planned to post from the West Coast on Thursday and Friday, but it turns out that we were too busy taking in everything Seattle to slow down for even a moment. Even though nothing made it to the world wide web over the weekend, I did document almost everything we did and saw. So, most of my posts this week will focus on the beautiful, creative and inspirational side of Seattle.

I haven't had a chance to upload my photos from the trip yet, so today I wanted to focus on Seattle designers and crafters (found on the web) that I am inspired by. There is something breathtakingly fresh and natural about a lot of creative work in Seattle.

I spotted Julie's eco-friendly and sustainable textiles on her Etsy shop, but soon navigated to her blog and website. Her work ethic and dedication to the environment is inspirational, not to mention that her work is literally "simply" stunning. I would love one of these dish towels!

I am kind of in love with this simple jersey top by Out of Line. The beautiful linear details seem so urban, but there is also something refreshing and natural about it.


I don't know much about this one except that it would be a fabulous print for Valentines Day, and it combines color, geometric shapes and typography together. Can be found right here on etsy.

These last examples are from Ello There print shop, and they are just too darn cute! I love the whimsical feel of both examples. I am very inspired by the illustration and hand lettering, but also by the cute couple that creates them.

No comments: