Thursday, December 23, 2010

Design Inspiration Overload: Arango Miami


Last weekend my wonderful mother in law took me to the most creative store I have seen in a very long time. Arango, a famous design store in Miami, is a breathtaking find. It has been around for just over 50 years. As soon as you walk in, you instantly understand why the doors have been open so long. It is a Miami retail and design icon that I am glad I finally found out about. The store is truly incredible. It brings good, no, great design to the mall culture of Miami. Guaranteed, it is a little pricey, but the shoppers at Dadeland don't seem to care and the quality more than makes up for the price. Arango carries brands that I dream about like Alessi, Chilewich, and Goa, and also introduced me to some new designers. Below are some quick snapshots I took to try and capture the feeling of the store. Just a warning, they don't do it justice, but will at least give you a brief glimpse.




If you are in the Miami area this is a MUST see, but in the meantime you should take a gander at their website. Arango takes modern and minimalist living to a new level. As you can imagine from the pictures, it is inspiration overload. I want a little bit of everything. So cool!

No comments: