Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An Amazing Find: Sharon Stelter Sculptures





By now you all know that I absolutely adore animals. So, needless to say, anytime they are combined with my other passion of art and design, I become giddy.

The other day as I was walking through Lincoln Park, or Lakeview for that matter since I cannot really remember where I was, I spotted these beautiful animal sculptures by Sharon Stelter. Each of her animal creations exudes individual personality and demeanor. I cannot help but anthropomorphize them into tiny characters with long, story-filled lives. They feel adorable and sophisticated at the same time, which is hard to do with art.

I am so glad I jotted her name down in my iPhone because these are a REAL find. I could see a small collection in my future.

*Each photo is from Stelter's website, which you should all visit to see more of her work.

No comments: