Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Window Shopping Inspiration: A Literate Mounted Animal Head


I needed a little break today after work, so I stopped by Anthropologie to do a little window shopping and inspiration searching. Anthropologie consistently has innovative and creative display design. Today, in the back corner of the second floor, I spotted these beautiful paper mache animal heads. Each is made by hand in Haiti out of used cement bags and old French books. They are made to pay tribute to Haiti's French heritage and culture.

What a great re-use of vintage books and cement bags that are normally thrown away. How cool would one of these look in my studio? Each one makes me want to get out paste, water and old newspapers for a quick trip down paper mache memory lane.


Above is a close-up, just so you understand how beautiful they really are!

No comments: