Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Design: Brooke & Adriel's Lacey Save the Date


Thankfully the sun listened to my blog rant yesterday, and I was able to capture some great photos this afternoon.

I have to admit that Brooke and Adriel's Save the Date is one of my recent favorites. Brooke came to me with a bold, modern, and slightly edgy idea for her letterpress save the dates. She had a vision of a black and white design with organic lace details to mimic the lace theme that would be a part of her big day. For the lace illustration, I asked Brooke to scan the lace from her veil (which was originally her mothers). It was important to both of us that the design was an accurate representation of the vintage chantilly lace, and I adore the sentimental value that was added by tracing the family heirloom. The organic edges add a playful element to the formal save the date.

To add a touch of drama we opted for a black envelope, and finalized the design with a custom wrap around label.

I can't wait to share the entire wedding suite in a few months. (I will let you in on a little secret - there are even more awesome details!)


 

©2012 All images are the property of Chena Design

No comments: