Friday, October 28, 2011

Color Overload

I need some color in my life today.

Maya Hayuk's paintings are the perfect cure at the perfect time. I stumbled upon Maya's work on Apartment Therapy while taking a brief inspiration break from work. The vibrant colors and geometric shapes in her paintings are the perfect blend of 1984 (the year not the book) and Constructivist Russia. Can we talk about how much I want one of these? I even have the perfect spot for one of these beauties right over my stairs (this may be an unrealistic hint to my hubby).






on a completely unrelated note: Don't you hate when you go to photograph something and your camera is DEAD!!! I was planning on sharing new work with you today, but that will have to wait. We can just overindulge ourselves on these beauties above for now.

No comments: