Monday, August 1, 2011
Montreal je' taime
We are back from our absolutely fabulous weekend adventure in Montreal. On Thursday late afternoon, we flew out to meet Reid's family and came home late last night. It was very hard to get back into the swing of things after such an amazing trip. This week is going to be busy, busy, busy since we are moving on Friday (aghhhh!!!).
Here is my three word description of our trip and the city: Montreal is Spectacular! The city is beautiful, the food is delicious and the people are genuine and friendly. I would go back tomorrow if I could. All in all, tre magnifique!
A brief recap through pictures of our trip:
1. Montreal's Notre Dame (above) - the colors inside the cathedral were breathtaking.
2. We did a French cooking class that started in the large Montreal farmers market. The produce was to die-for, I mean look at those mushrooms.
3. We learned how to cook authentic ratatouille with lamb using all the products we had just bought at the market. Above is our balsamic reduction plate decoration for our appetizer. The class was taught in french, so we didn't always know what was going on, but in the end we had a successful and delicious lunch.
4. On our last night, Reid and I went to see Craig Ferguson (our favorite late night talk show host) at the original Just for Laughs festival. Above is a French sign – I loved how everything was in French and English. It felt so European.
5. On Sunday before our flight, we all went to the Montreal Museum of Fine Art for the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit. Oh my word – it was breathtaking. So much so that it probably deserves its own post to come later this week. Above are the entrance to the show and my favorite outfits.
Happy travelers before our flight home :)