Wednesday, June 8, 2011

House to Home...

via
via

I think I have mentioned it before, but Reid and I are in the full on search for our first home. I have read everywhere that it is an intense and stressful process, but, even with the warning, I was expecting it to be a breeze. I truly love looking at homes and interior spaces, so how hard could it be, right?

Now I can speak from experience (as minimal as it may be), it is tough. We fortunately have an AMAZING realtor who is caring, funny and listens to our crazy concerns. We have seen a little bit of everything, and I have fallen in love with a couple of places, have been side-swept by crazy amenities in others (steam shower anyone?) and have been slightly disappointed with how boring some are.

So, as of yesterday, we put in our first offer. EEEEKKKK!!! I am so anxious, and am trying desperately not to get my hopes up until the deal is sealed. Amidst all of my analyzing of things to fix, dreaming of new furniture and scoping out the hot new paint colors, I am trying to remind myself what a "home" is. It doesn't really matter what it looks like. What matters is how you live in it and the memories you make. Deep in my heart, I know that home is what you make of it.

I will keep you posted on the process, I promise :)

No comments: