Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dreaming of Outdoor Space...

Spring is in the air. The weather in Chicago has been beautiful the past couple of days. The warm sun combined with looking for our first home has me craving my own outdoor space where I can plant flowers and such. Unfortunately we won't have our own balcony until the weather turns cold again, so I have turned my dreams to indoor plants. Below are some of the inspirational pics that I have found so far. Now I just hope my severe black thumb can be turned green.



These are awesome air plant holders. They look so rustic but also very modern. I like it!

I absolutely adore the mix and match look here. I could even DIY these with some old mason jars. I just may have to study up on plants that can live in jars. 

Again, I am loving the look of air plants encased in glass. This image from Apartment Therapy.

Any ideas on good plants for indoors?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of plant can live in these? and how do you take care of them?

Lindsay Chenault Bolton said...

Hi Julie,
They are air plants and are very easy to take care of. You just spritz them with water every week and let them sit by a window. Hope that helps.
Lindsay