Monday, November 15, 2010

Font Love: Aphrodite

Aphrodite Pro is a stunning font, in my opinion. It is whimsical, playful and modern. Plus it has all of the key elements of a good script – extra flourishes, multiple glyphs for each character, etc. It's debut on myfonts.com (my favorite font website) came in April 2009. Soon after, I bought it to become the typeface for our June 2010 wedding. Above is the front of our save the date postcard using the Aphrodite Pro.

Recently, I have seen Aphrodite being used around town. Real Simple Magazine and the new Restoration Hardware catalog are places that I have spotted the font. I respect both the publication and interior decorating store as knowing and using good, simple design. Seeing Aphrodite being used by them solidifies my love of the font.

This month's Real Simple Cover

The current Restoration Harware Catalog and one interior shot.




No comments: